- The Primary Member of a couple is the one who 'owns' the shared bidder number.
- The Secondary Member of a couple is the one who is 'using' the Primary's bidder number.
For purposes of this example, let's assume the Primary Member of the couple is the husband and the Secondary Member of the couple is the wife.
If the Primary Member of the couple (the one who holds the bidder number) has his credit card on file and the Secondary Member does not, then:
- The Primary Member can self-checkout using that credit card for
everything he has won/bought electronically (online and mobile) along with wins/purchases
recorded to his bidder # by the auction committee at the event (via @Event > Record
- The committee can check out the Primary Member via the Control Center (@Event > Check Out Guest) for everything he has won/bought electronically along with wins/purchases recorded by the auction committee to his bidder # at the event.
- The committee can check out the Secondary Member via the
Control Center for
everything she has won/bought electronically (online and mobile). (Since event winnings
will have been recorded to the Primary's bidder number, there
won't be any event wins/purchases on the Secondary's
- The Secondary Member will NOT be able to self-checkout using the
credit card belonging to the Primary.
So, the bottom line...
- If the Primary Member has his/her credit card on
file, the committee will be able to separately check out the
Primary Member and the Secondary Member using that credit card. And
the Primary can self-checkout using that credit card. The Secondary Member, however, will not be able to use the Primary's credit card
if self-checking out.
- If it was the Secondary Member who had the credit card on file, then only the Secondary Member could self-checkout for her electronic (online and mobile) winnings. The Primary Member does not have access to the Secondary's credit card. Therefore, during committee checkout and self-checkout, the Primary Member will have no card on file for payment purposes and will need to provide a payment method in order to check out.