Note that you can use these instructions for setting up a Dutch Auction package for in-person bidding (by bid sheet or auctioneer at the event). However, ReadySetAuction does not support Dutch Auction packages in the online auction.
To set up a Dutch Auction Package:
- Go to Items > Packages > Add Package. Create the package just as you would any other traditional-biddable package, and place it in the Primary Category you would like it to reside in.
- Go to Items > Categories and set up a new category called "Extra Packages."
- Go to Items > Packages > Manage and find in the Manage Packages list the package you created in step 1.
- Copy it by using the Duplicate command in the Actions on packages menu.
- Click on the copy of the package to update it.
- Change its Package Name from "X Copy" to "X #1" (X being the name of the package).
- Choose the "Extra Packages" category for its Primary Category.
- In the Catalog Options, disable (uncheck) all 5 boxes.
- Save this copy (#1) package.
- Repeat steps 3 thru 9 to create the number of packages you will need to sell to the top bidders.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You should NOT sell the original package, only the copies.