In addition to a "Paddle Call" and "Fund-A-Need," this activity is also referred to by some as "Flurry," "Bidding Frenzy," and "Ask."
Prior to your event, you should create a fixed-price package for each Fund-A-Need level that your auctioneer will be calling out.
- Go to Items > Packages > Add Package.
- There is no underlying donation for a Fund-A-Need package, so do not add any donations.
- For Package Name, enter something like: $500 Fund-A-Need. In other words, be specific about how much this package represents.
- For Displayed Donor Name, choose Custom and enter "You!"
- For Package Kind, choose Buyable => Fixed-Price.
- For Price, enter the specific amount this package represents. In the example above, this would be $500.
- Set the Quantity (available for sale) to 9999. This will allow you to record 9,999 of the contributions at this level.
- If your organization is using our Complete plan, then you can sell these fixed-price fund-a-need packages through the eCatalog during the eCatalog Access Period.
- During the event, your cashiers can record the sale of these fund-a-need contributions through @Event > Record Sales > Wins & Purchases.
- If a bidder at your event pledges an amount different from one of your pre-defined fund-a-need packages, your cashiers can quickly record it via @Event > Record Sales > Monetary Pledges.
- You can accept monetary donations of variable amounts from your eCatalog by creating a Fixed-Price Range package. These donations will appear on the bidders' invoices. Click here for instructions on How To Set Up A Fixed Price Range Package.
To accept monetary donations of variable amounts from your Event
Website, Select and Complete plan users can enable "Enable online
cash donations" on the Admin > Event Settings > Event
Details page. Note that monetary donations made through the Donate Money feature on your Event Website must be paid for separately from a bidder's auction winnings.