- Create categories (Items > Categories).
- When adding or updating packages (Items > Packages), assign each package to a Primary Category.
- Go to Items > Packages > Arrange.
- Click the Arrange Packages button for a Primary Category, and using the arrow buttons, place the packages in the order you would like them to be numbered. Click Done.
- Repeat for each Primary Category.
- Once you've set the order of all of your packages within their Primary Categories, enter the First Catalog # for each Primary Category, making sure none of the number ranges will overlap.
- Click the Renumber Packages button.
Therefore, if you get this error – Range for category X overlaps with range for category Y – it means you are asking the system to assign the same catalog number to two packages. For example, if your first package number for Sports is 1 and there are 50 packages in the Sports category, your Restaurants category's first package number cannot be anything lower than 51.