Basics, Essentials, Select and Complete:
In ReadySetAuction, each bidder record represents an individual. Couples do not and cannot share the same record. This allows you to assign each bidder to a table, select her/his meal, and if offering mobile/online bidding during your event, for each to bid electronically.
- If you prefer that a couple uses a single bidder number (a.k.a. paddle number) bid during the traditional silent auction (bid sheets) and live auction, please refer to this FAQs: How a Couple Can Share a Bidder Number
- If a couple wants to eBid (bid electronically) together with one bidder account, then they must share their mobile device; that is, they must pass it back and forth between the two of them.
- If the couple attempts to share a bidder account while each uses his/her own mobile bidding device, they will continually log each other out.
Bidder records can be added to the Patrons > Bidders > Manage List (the Bidder List) in several ways:
- A staff member can add a bidder record one-at-a-time via Patrons > Everyone > Add Person -> check off "Bidder."
- A staff member can add bidder records in bulk via Patrons > Everyone > Import.
- A guest can purchase a ticket or multiple tickets online and her/his information will be added to the Bidder List along with any guests for whom (s)he's purchased tickets and provided contact information.
- A supporter can purchase a sponsorship online and her/his information will be added to the Bidder List.
- A supporter can purchase online a sponsorship that includes tickets. The supporter's information along any guests for whom (s)he's assigned tickets and provided contact information will be added to the Bidder List.
- A supporter can make a cash contribution online and her/his information will be added to the Bidder List.
To add a bidder one-at-a-time:
- Go to Patrons > Everyone > Add Person.
- Check off "Bidder."
- Complete the fields. If you have questions, click the tool tip icons (?) for explanations.
- Save by clicking the Add Person button, found at the bottom of the form.