Donors are those people whom you will be asking to donate or who have already donated:
- an item that will be auctioned off
- a service that will be auctioned off
- an in-kind gift, meaning something that your organization will use to carry out the event; for example, the donation of the use of a truck for transporting items from storage to the venue.
- a monetary (cash) donation
- a sponsorship that your committee has defined.
You can add donors:
- one at a time
- while entering a donation
- via bulk import
I. To add donors one-by-one:
- Go to the Patrons > Everyone.
- If the donor is a person, choose > Add Person. Be sure to check the Donor check box at the top of the page.
- If the donor is a business, choose > Add Business. Be sure to check the Donor check box at the top of the page.
- Complete the fields. If you have any questions, be sure to click on the tool tip (?) icons for explanations.
- Save by clicking the Add button found at the bottom of the form.
Note: In order to save a donor, you must, at minimum, enter a first name and last name.
II. You can also add a donor while entering a donation. To do so, go to Items > Donations > Add.
III. You can import donors in bulk. For instructions on how to prepare a spreadsheet for import, please view the Patron Import Guidelines. Be sure to make a column for "Donor Is" and mark all records in that column with a "1."