ReadySetAuction Release 2018.05
The items listed in this section are ideas that come from you, our customers! We love to hear about what we can improve and what would help you do your job better. You can make suggestions at any time. Each idea is reviewed by our staff and has the potential to become a part of ReadySetAuction.
The 2018.05 release includes a the option for organizations to choose whether they want to require eBidders to enter credit card information in order to place a bid. This new feature can help facilitate payment collection from bidders who may have a change of heart after winning or who fail to pay and pickup their winnings after an auction event.
This checkbox can be found in the Admin tab under Event Settings and was a top-five suggestion in UserVoice. We feel this is a significant improvement for our clients to ensure maximum success at their auction events just in time for the busy Fall events season!
ReadySetAuction is pleased to present this popular enhancement and a few other fixes we were able to identify along the way:
Improvements & Updates
- For the new "Require a stored Credit Card for eBidding" checkbox, we've made sure that once the primary bidder enters required payment information, bidders who share the account using the same payment card, such as a couple, will not be prompted to enter the same payment information during the bidder registration process.
- A patron's session and shopping cart will expire at the same time - after one hour - and items will be removed from the cart and freed up so others can purchase them.
- There was an issue uploading images for packages if those image files had extensions that contained capital letters (ex. .JPG instead of .jpg). We've corrected this so that case is no longer a problem.
- In the Admin tab under Event Settings, if the "Require a stored Credit Card for eBidding" checkbox is selected but the merchant account is subsequently disabled, this checkbox will become grayed out so users know that it cannot be selected.
- Our file import tool was producing errors when importing certain file types. We resolved this problem so that importing patron data is a breeze.