Setting Up Your Event Website
Your ReadySetAuction event website is your calling card for your auction fundraiser. It is where your guests and patrons will go first to find out more about your organization and the details of your big night. It's where they will go to buy tickets and sponsorships, make donations, and check out all that your auction catalog has to offer.
So let's make it great by adding in the details - an easy thing to do with ReadySetAuction and the WYSIWYG editor.
- In Setup, select Event Website from the menu on the right side of the screen.
- Start by adding a Banner Image. A banner image is a big picture that runs across the top of the main page of your event website. It can be a .jpg, .png, or even a .gif. The best size is 915px x 100px; you can use taller images if you want, but keep in mind that the bigger the image, the more your site visitors will have to scroll.
- From the list in the Themes field, select a background color. Beneath the Themes field, you'll find a preview of what your even website will look like on a mobile device.
- Add an Intro Message using the WYSIWYG editor. This is where you'll introduce your organization and your event to your potential guests and patrons. You can upload images, gifs, video, and style and resize text in this window.
*Note: You can only embed videos from the following websites: YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Yahoo, and Vidyard
- Just as in the Intro Message section, the Closing Message also can be edited to give more details, or even calls to action through hyperlinks.
- Special instructions your guests need to know? Enter them in the Special Instructions field.
- Select a Spotlight Category, then click the green Update Event Website button to save all of your information.
That's it! Setting up an even website couldn't be easier with ReadySetAuction.